Mr. Imtiaz ABDULLA, Vice President
Place of Birth: Kwa Zulu Natal
- Corporate Wellness Qualification from the Institute of Aerobic Research in Dallas TexaCorporate Texas
- Sports Rehabilitation Diploma from the American College of Sports Medicine
- Gym Management Diploma from the University of Pretoria.
- Diploma in Fitness Leadership from ITC College
- Small Business Management Diploma from the Wits Business School.
- Currently studying through The South African Institute of Financial Markets for the International Investment Advice Certificate (IIAC) and completing an MBA through Business School of Netherlands. Also awaiting enrolment into the Robert Gordon University – Scotland (correspondence)
- 7th Dan Black Belt Karate, 6th Dan Black belt Kobudo, 6th Dan Black Belt Taekwondo
- Past President of the Karate Association of South Africa, the controlling authority for Karate in South Africa.
- President Union of African Karate Federation, a Confederation of Karate in Africa. It has 52 affiliated countries and 4.5 million members.
- Past President Martial Arts Authority of South Africa President World Karate Promotion Foundation (Africa) and Vice President World Karate Promotion Foundation
- Vice President World Karate Federation International Federation of karate with 167 member countries and 50 million members
- 1980-1982 Workshop Production Director, Interiors International - Responsible for the production of specialist furniture manufacturing. Included managing a staff of 60, developing budgets, and operating and expanding the business. This is a family business.
- 1983-1985 Electronic Telecommunication Technician, Teltech- Quality control and manufacturing and testing of SA128 telephone exchanges.
- 1985-1989 Health and Fitness Consultant, including implementating and managing of health and wellness centres for the Altech Executive Program.
- 1993-1997 Founder and CEO of IKKO Health and Wellness systems, a consultancy dealing with all matters on health and wellness.
- 1998 - 2000 General Manager of the 7th All Africa Games. This included managing –
- a human resources, games services and capital projects budget of R 70 million,
- the building of the All Africa Games village to the value R 200 million.
- 2000 - 2002 CEO of African Legends Financial Services (Proprietary) Limited, a financial services subsidiary of the African Legends Limited.
- 2002 – 2003 Executive Director of ENF Strategy Advisors (Proprietary) Limited, the public sector consulting arm of Nedcor Investment Bank Limited
- 2000-2006 Executive Chairman Avalanche-SA a consulting and Investment Company founded by Mr. Abdulla and Dr. Pather. CEO Veterans Holdings (Pty) Ltd
- 2006 to current Chairman Ukubona Holdings (Pty) Ltd Chairman Securelink (Pty) Ltd Executive Director Sky Petroleum Ltd Chairman yorkshire Oil and Gas SA (Pty) Ltd Vice President Yorkshire Petroleum Ltd - Nigeria
- Treasurer ANC Johannesburg regional
- Founding member of the Non Racial Sports Movement that created the National Sports and Olympic Sports Congress
- Founding member of the National Sports Council Founding member of National Olympic Committee of South Africa
- Assisted in drafting the white paper on Sports in South Africa.
- President Union of African Karate Federation
- President African International Bodyguard and Security Association (IBSSA)
- Vice President International Bodyguard and Security Association (IBSSA)
- Vice President World Koshiki Karate Federation (Tokyo, Japan)
- Total SA BEE
- Harmony Gold African Legend Bid
- Epiuse Ukubona / Edison Merger
- Stanlib BEE
My IBSSA - Sign in or Register
Dear IBSSA Members, partner organisations, and dear Friends,
I wish You and Your beloved ones a Blessed and Merry Christmas!
Prof. George Popper
President of IBSSA
Dear IBSSA members,
this year one of the official training centres of IBSSA, the bodyguard school “Securitytraining.LV” in Latvia celebrates its 10th Anniversary. In honour of this a shooting competition – based on IPSC rules – was organised on the 12th November 2017 in Riga.
On this occasion, special cups and medals with Securitytraining.LV logo and anniversary marking were prepared for the competition.
Dear IBSSA Members, members of our partner organizations,
To avoid any misunderstandings, we hereby officially notify everyone that the “European Security and Bodyguard Service Association” is not the European section of IBSSA, they have nothing to do with our association!
They have never asked for the approval of IBSSA to their trainings or other programs! Neither have they cooperation agreement with us! ...