Report on the IBSSA Technical Department - ANNEX 7
XIV Congress of IBSSA 5th September 2009 Brussels / BELGIUM
This report has been made for the 14th Congress of IBSSA, on 4th September, 2009 in Brussels by Gen. Dr. András Czapáry-Martincsevics Chairman of IBSSA Technical Department about the activity of the department since the last Congress till the end of present Congress and about some future plans how to develop and to continue the activity of the Department.
1. The members of TechDept have defined the mission and the places of activity, the requirements for nomination of new TechDept members agreed by Executive Committee. It can be read by everyone on the homepage of IBSSA or please contact us for having it. We focused to find new members who supporting efficiently our activity and working really.
2. The members of Technical Department are:
- Dr. András Czapáry-Martincsevics (Hungary) Chairman
- Mr. Bert E. Dombi (Swiss) Secretary
- Ing. Marius Marghitas (Romania)
- Dipl. Ing. Dr. Milovan Lakušić (Serbia) Secretary
- Mr. Zoltán Hegedűs (Serbia)
3. The members of Department have participated continuously in the work of the national associations of security companies. The presence on the country conferences and on the monthly general meetings of the IBSSA National Sections is a very efficient and right way of support provided from the side of Technical Department.
4. Some words about the technical support of Technical Department for the Headquarters. There has been selected, bought and installed a new card printing technology and also the necessary equipments in the last year and for the personalization of membership cards of IBSSA Headquarter in Budapest. We are very happy to support this decision and purchasing process.
5. There is planned to make technical presentations and demonstrations for the members of Congress. All of any demonstrations are welcomed now and in the future too. The Congress is an excellent opportunity to do presentations and to share technical information with the members of Congress so we ask the organizing Committee of next Congress too to keep the opportunities of demonstrations.
Finally we would like to state and declare that we focus our activity to introduce more and more new security equipments and technology to the members of IBSSA by using of all publication opportunity of IBSSA.
Brussels, 4th September, 2009
My IBSSA - Sign in or Register
Report about the IBSSA Balkan and European Special Conference on Education, Human Trafficking and Terrorism
The European Centre for Peace and Development (ECPD) in Belgrade, Serbia is the sole University, which was established by a UN resolution, and has extraterritorial diplomatic status – recognised worldwide. Dr. Bogdan Vukosavljevic, member of the IBSSA Executive Committee, Docent of the Field Security and Terrorism at the University, hosted the meeting in this prestigious Institute. Participants of the Conference: Prof. dr. Ljubiša Adamović Prof. dr. George Popper IBSSA (Hungary) H.E. Prof. dr. Djordje Lopčić ECPD Mr. Miklos Andrási IBSSA (Hungary) Mr Boris Vukosavljević SEBA (Slovenia) Mr. Attila Farkas SEBA (Hungary) Mr. Orlando Mardner IBSSA, SEBA (UK / Jamaica) Mr. Igor Bralo IBSSA, SEBA (Holland) Mr. Zijad Poljo IBSSA (Germany) Mr. Dalibor Višić IBSSA (Germany) Mr. Zoran Stanišljević SEBA (Bosnia-Herzegovina) Mr. Ilias Kontis IBSSA, SEBA (Greece) Dr. Bogdan Vukosavljević IBSSA, SEBA (Serbia) Mr. Rade Marković IBSSA (Serbia) Mr. Zeljko Gajic IBSSA (Serbia) Mr. Strahinja Lazarevic (Serbia) Mr. Vojislav Milošević (Serbia) Prof. Dr. Vladimir Jorga (Serbia) – President of the European Traditional Karate Federation
Executive Protection is perceived very exciting, not for the faint hearted, full of thrills and all the action one would expect from a Tom Cruise movie, but nothing could be further from the truth, since it is demanded of EPs to be at the job 120% (they’re there before the principal, and leave after he has left), long hours and very little shut-eye, did we mention a very high risk environment? EPs are all that stand between threats and their principal most of the time.
The lack of a standard in the industry has led to a very poor image of EPs, and the proliferation of Mikey Mouse (Rambo) companies that promise to have Super Men at the service of their protected, which turn out to be nothing more than a great show.
Members of the IBSSA Anti-Human Trafficking Project (AHTP), under the direction of Mr. Fernando Figueroa – Bureau Chief in the Dominican Republic, conduct a community outreach program in the village of Batey La Canada, a suburb of Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic.