The Hungarian Chapter of the "Sovereign Order of Saint John of Jerusalem, Knights of Malta, Federation of Autonomous Priories" organised its third spectacular Knight Ceremony on the 25th June 2005, in Gödöllő / Hungary at the Royal Palace.
On this particular occasion numerous high-ranking leaders of international and national organisations, successful businessmen were conferred Knight or Dame of Malta by His Beatitude Dom Lorenzo O.S.B. - the Regent of the Sovereign Order of Saint John of Jerusalem, Knights of Malta, Federation of Autonomous Priories, Patriarch and Primate Metropolitan of the American Orthodox Catholic Church, Jurisdiction of New York.
The following Postulants were conferred to Dame or Knight of Malta during the ceremony:
- Dr. Gergely BÁRÁNDY (Hungary)
- Ms. Katalin HAJDÚ (Hungary)
- Mr. Ferenc HUBICSÁK (Hungary)
- Mrs. Iris Joan KARÁSZY-KULIN (Great Britain)
- Dr. József KOVÁCS (Hungary)
- Dr. Sándor MILESZ (Hungary)
- Mr. Alexander OSZTER (Hungary)
- Mr. Tamás PELLA (Hungary)
- Dr. József PINTÉR (Hungary)
Advancements of grade:
- Sir Péter SULÁNYI (Hungary) was promoted to Knight Commander (KCM)
- Lady Gisela Van de WALL (Netherlands) was promoted to Dame Commander (DCM)
- Sir Eric Van de WALL (Netherlands) was promoted to Grand Officer of Knight of Malta (GOKM)
- Sir John D. KARÁSZY-KULIN (Great Britain) was promoted to Grand Cross of Knight of Malta (GCKM)
On the Knight Ceremony and during all official programs the following high-ranking personalities supported and stood by the Regent of the Order:
- H.R.H. Prince Michael James Alexander STEWART Count of Albany (SCO) - Head of the Royal House of Stewart, President of the European Council of Princes, Patron and Protector of the Hungarian Imperial Order the Dragon
- His Excellency Prof. George POPPER (HUN) - Governor of the Knight Order, Grand Cross of Knight of Malta
- His Excellency Prof. José Manuel Costa Da Veiga COSMELLI (POR) - Prime Minister of the Knight Order, deputy of the Regent
- His Excellency Dr. Eric Van de WALL (NED) - Minister of the Order, Knight Commander
- His Excellency Dr. Abel de Lacerda BOTELHO (POR) - Ambassador of the Order
- His Excellency Major General Dr János v KARÁSZY-KULIN MVO GCStG GCLJ HonLLD HonHLD - Grand Master of the International Knightly Order of Saint George
- His Excellency Chev. Dr. Allan INOVIUS - Grand Prior of the Military and Hospitaller Order of Saint Lazarus of Jerusalem
- Her Excellency Dr. Ida KÓSZA - Grand Chancellor of the Military and Hospitaller Order of Saint Lazarus of Jerusalem
Awards and Nominations of great significance:
- Sir Gyula BRAUN (Hungary) - Ambassador, was appointed to Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Knight Order by the Regent.
- Sir András CZAPÁRY-MARTINCSEVICS (Hungary) was elected and appointed by His Beatitude Dom Lorenzo O.S.B. for the duty of serving in The Honour Guard Corps of the Regent and was bounded with all the Obligations pertaining to said duty and was bestowed upon all the corresponding honours, rights and dignity.
- Sir Abel de Lacerda BOTELHO (Portugal) - Grand Cross of Knight of Malta, Ambassador of the Order professed monasticism and did vow and promised to Almighty God to render henceforward - by the grace of God - perfect obedience to the superior placed over him by the choice of the Order, to live without personal property and to preserve his chastity.
At the end of the ceremony the present officials, Knights and Dames commemorated the deceased Knights. Closing the Ceremony the newly inaugurated Knights, Dames, all other officials of the Order and the guests attended the official lunch at the "FORTUNA" Restaurant in Budapest.
Prior to the Knight Investiture on the 24th June "Pro Deo" University (seated in New York) organised a Doctoral Ceremony together with the graduation ceremony of the Central European Crime Prevention Academy. On this particular occasion numerous high-ranking personalities, leaders of national organisations and also some IBSSA members were conferred Doctoral Degrees and Ph.D. Honoris Causa.
The Ceremony took place at the "City Theatre" and started at 11.00 AM with the presence of the following officials:
- His Beatitude Dom Lorenzo O.S.B. - the Regent of the Sovereign Order of Saint John of Jerusalem, Knights of Malta, Federation of Autonomous Priories, Rector of PRO-DEO University
- H.R.H. Prince Michael James Alexander STEWART Count of Albany (SCO)
- His Excellency Prof. George POPPER (HUN)
- His Excellency Prof. José Manuel Costa Da Veiga COSMELLI (POR)
- His Excellency Dr. Eric Van de WALL (NED)
- Dr. Béla DANIELISZ (HUN) - Representative of Pro Deo University in Hungary
- Dr. Ferenc TÓTH (HUN) - Dean of the Central European Crime Prevention Academy
His Beatitude Dom Lorenzo O.S.B. - Rector of PRO-DEO University - following his brief speech, was handing over the Diplomas and was conferring the following Candidates to Doctoral Degree and Ph.D. Honoris Causa:
- Mr. Géza BAKTAI Ph.D. H.c. New methods and equipment in private investigation in the EU
- Mr. Zsolt BÁRÁNY Ph.D. H.c. Security audit of business corporations
- Mr. Robin BODNÁR Event security against terrorism
- Mr. András BÓCSI Development of disasters / catastrophes and methods of the windup
- Mr. József KOVÁCS Ph.D. H.c. Musicology
- Dr. Milovan LAKUSIC (SRB) Financing needs in fighting organised crime
- Mr. Lőrinc SZINGER Ph.D. H.c. Fight against organised crime and drugs
- Mr. Tamás TÓVIZI Ph.D. H.c. How to teach investigation according to EU rules
After the Conferring Ceremony an official reception took place at the City Theatre.
In the evening an official dinner took place in "CITADELLA" Restaurant on the occasion of the national day of the Sovereign Order of Saint John of Jerusalem, Knights of Malta, Federation of Autonomous Priories (24th June is the day of St. John).
On the 26th June (Sunday) the leadership of the Knight Order and some guests travelled to Gyömrő, where a whole day international conference took place by FEMERAID on international rescue operations and related questions.
Organiser: Sir dr. Levente GYENES, GOKM, Mayor of the city and Chief Commander of the Hungarian Femeraid Unit. 13.00 Lunch in Gyömrő, "NEGRESCO" Restaurant
5th July 2005