Minutes of the OPEN EC meeting of IBSSA - ANNEX 3
and Executive Committee meeting of IBSSA
4th September 2009, 17.00
NH Hotel Brussels Airport / BELGIUM
Dr. Rony KLUGER (ISR) – General Secretary
Mr. Bogdan VUKOSAVLJEVIC (SVN) – Chairman of the Executive Committee
Mr. Krisztian ZERKOWITZ (BEL) – Country Representative for BELGIUM
Mr. Samuel GAUTIER (BEL) – Regional Representative for French Speaking part of Belgium
Dr. Miki VARGA (USA) – CEO of IBSSA USA Inc.
Dr. Frank PHILIPOOM (NED) – Country Representative for NETHERLANDS
Mr. Karl DELAGUERRA (USA) – Regional Representative for ARIZONA, USA
Mr. Zeev GEFEN (ISR) – Vice Chairman of the EC, Director of ICSI
Dr. Olivér RÓZSA (USA) – Member of the Audit Committee
Ms. Lia van der PLAAT (NED) – Office Manager of IBSSA Dutch Speaking Countries
Mr. Eddie STONE (GBR) – Honorary Member, Master Teacher
Mr. Ratko PANTOVIC (MNT)
Mr. Nino PANTOVIC (MNT)
Mr. Igor PEJOVIC (SRB) – Security expert, Director of VIP SL d.o.o.
Mr. Gyula SIRA (HUN)
Mr. János HÜLBER (AUT)
Dr. Cees de JONGH (NED)
Dr. Stefano Erasmo MERCURIO (ITA) – International Coordinator
Dr. Ugo GERVASI (SWI) – International Coordinator
Mr. Giovanni VALLERO (ITA)
Mrs. Anna POPPER (HUN) – Minutes-keeper, Chairman of Event Management and Protocol Department
The Executive Committee meeting was held like usually one day before the annual congress of IBSSA.
President Prof. George Popper welcomed the present members of the Executive Committee and also all other representatives, delegates of IBSSA. Prof. Popper expressed his gratitude to Mr. Krisztian Zerkowitz for hosting the 14th Congress of IBSSA and for the high level and extraordinary preparations.
The President opened the meeting and gave a short information about the development, the latest publications and news. Just to mention some of them:
- IBSSA Belgium executed an auspicious mission in Somalia
- the new Official Magazine of IBSSA for the year 2009 was completed just before the Congress and it can be downloaded from our Website: www.ibssa.org
Dr. Olivér Rózsa informed the present members about the Audit of IBSSA and proposed the adoption of this official report.
Dr. Frank Philipoom reported briefly about the activities of „IBSSA Netherlands” - one of the most active countries of our association. The detailed book about their last year's happenings and future events is available at the IBSSA HQ.
Mr. Bogdan Vukosavljevic – International Coordinator of IBSSA for Balkan Region – gave thorough information about the 1st Balkan Conference, which was a great success thanks to the common work of representatives and members in the region.
The Executive Committee made the following decisions:
1) The President’s report and all financial documents inclusive the Audit report were accepted and the EC will propose to the Congress to adopt them
2) The final congress agenda was discussed and agreed
3) Information about a new candidate for organising the forthcoming Congress in 2010 was accepted and the EC proposes for the congress to adoption
4) It was agreed that the Education and Qualification Department – as most members are present – will have an official meeting during the Congress on teaching matters, certificates, standards and difficulties
5) The President gave information about the planned award ceremony and future events
6) The 2nd Balkan Conference will be held between 24 - 25th October 2009 in Banja Luka
7) As there was no other remark the meeting was closed at 7:30 pm.
My IBSSA - Sign in or Register
We wish to inform all our members that Dr. Antonio La SALANDRA - IBSSA Master Teacher of Self Defence will organise the following executive protection trainings, close combat and tactical arrest seminars in 2017 - 2018…
See the flyers below:
On the 4th May at 19.00 o’clock at the most exclusive club “Torre Mayor 51 Floor” in Mexico City took place the IBSSA Mexico and EPS (Executive Protection Specialist) certification launching.
Mr. Ivan Ivanovich – Country Representative of IBSSA for Mexico has teamed up with two other IBSSA Instructors and Members – leaders of different security companies in Mexico to create the EPS national certification, which is the first operational certification in Mexico that includes prevention in executive protection together with reactive measures such as defensive driving and shooting.
On the 4th April 2017 Mr. Ivan Ivanovich – the Country Representative of IBSSA for Mexico introduced our international association as well as the EPS (Executive Protection Specialist) certification at the ASIS Mexico meeting, where about 200 top Mexican security leaders and professionals were present.
During this meeting – which takes place monthly – Mr. Ivanovich was talking about IBSSA and the EPS certification, inviting the participants to join us on the 4th May 2017 at the official “IBSSA Mexico” Opening. EPS is the first official certification for bodyguards in Mexico so our members created a big expectation.